Saturday, October 23, 2010

Am I on a Floating Funeral Home???? Haha

Hello everyone,

I hope that you had a wonderful week and I hope that it wasn't such a stressful week for you. 

Here's what happened for me this week:

Sunday we spent our day in Ibiza, Spain. Now I'm told that this is the party capital of the world…but not that day. It was quite dead (granted it was a Sunday and its the off season) and quite COLD. Thank you Mom for freaking out in my hotel room in Ft. Lauderdale before I left of the cruise by saying that I needed to bring some warm clothes…I thank you. (haha) We walked around the "dead" city for a little while and to be truthful…that place would be a lot of fun in the summer…I might have to go back. We walked around trying to get Jodie's ATM card to work to find out that its damaged….how that happen, I have NO idea. Finally we found a place that gave me hope (that I might eat something good)…KFC. I HAD SUCH A GOOD MEAL…IT WAS RIDICULOUS. Its sad when you start craving some "home" foods and about freak out when you see a McDonalds or KFC around in Spain…random??? After our WONDERFUL 6 star lunch at KFC (lol) we walked around a little bit more and then got bored. Waiting for the shuttle bus to come pick us up…Jodie, Lesley, Johannah and myself were rocking out to Jodie's new favorite song…"In Miami, Girl". I have so much fun with these girls…just jumping around, dancing like a fool and then CRACKING up when we found out the guests on the bus were video taping us and then all laughed and talked to us when we got on the bus…whoops. It was fun…I love those girls.

Monday was spent in Palma de Mallorca, Spain. That morning, I spent my time on a tour around the city of Mallorca. I have never been more cold in my entire life….it was SO windy but I had a nice group of people with me, so it was an enjoyable time. Went to this castle on the top of a mountain and took some great pictures…but I was about to freeze to death, so I didn't stay up there long. Then we traveled to this beautiful church that had the largest "rose window" in the world and man, that was very pretty. I tried to take a good picture of it but it wasn't coming out very well. It made the coolest reflection throughout the entire church…that was amazing to see. Afterwards, the tour guide gave us some free time and during that time, I spent it in the Dunkin' Donuts where I had a few things to eat and a hot chocolate. Now…I don't think that people in Spain understand what hot chocolate is. I am not joking when I say, it had to be the thickest hot chocolate I have ever drank in my life. Its like I was drinking hot chocolate syrup…NOT even kidding. I couldn't even finish it, it was just too much. After we got done with the tour, I was ready to go have some lunch with the girls. We have been to this port before and we found a great restaurant the last time but never got to eat there, so we went straight to the American Tex-Mex Restaurant that we found. We got to the restaurant and I had for an appetizer…Potato skins (AHHHHHHHHHH…for those of you that know me, I almost cried) and then I had Quesadillas…I was in heaven. I was hoping that this restaurant had free re-fills….it didn't (also, those who know me…this has been the hardest 2 1/2 months with no free re-fills). The lunch was quite nice and I felt full for the first time on this ship. Afterwards, we found a supermarket but I didn't buy anything, just walked around with the girls. Afterwards…we all were a little cold, so we got back on the ship and spent the rest of the night just relaxing. 

Tuesday was our At Sea day, where I got to play ping pong with a guest for 1.5 hours….BORING!!!! Interestingly enough though, his uncle was Paul Newman (the composer - Toy Story) so maybe the 1.5 hours was well worth it…haha. The rest of the day was quite boring and I just slept and watch TV most of the day…just one step closer to the Atlantic Cross. That night however, I had the duty of Table Escorting…where I have to take the rich people to their seats cause apparently they can't do it themselves. Anyway, afterwards the man in charge of the restaurant offered me dinner (thank the lord) and let me look at the menu. I thought to myself, "this is a 6 star restaurant…I just should try something new and eat something that I would never think about eating before in my life", so I let the manager choose my dinner. That night I had 2 racks of Lamb and Risotto and let me say, I quite enjoyed it. I never thought that I would like lamb, but it wasn't that bad (Mom…can you believe that I ate that…I'm a big boy, haha).

Wednesday was spent in Malaga, Spain where Johannah and I got off the ship and went to McDonalds to get a quick bite to eat. I will say, I'm getting quite sick of McDonalds…ehhh. Then we walked around the city and started recognizing places and even remembered where the supermarket was. Thats a problem I feel about these past 2 months of going back to the same cities over and over again…when you start remembering where the McDonalds and supermarkets are…you might need a change of scenery. It was nice just taking a walk around the city and breathing in the fresh air and thank the lord that it was warmer that day…I can't take much more of the cold. Had a great night though with a beautiful sunset with another moment of that random cry. I sometimes think that I can't believe that this experience is happening to me and that I get to witness the world in this strange way. These sunsets are what are so beautiful and just make me think about…life…it looks like a postcard is in front of me and it can't be real…but it is. That night while out on the top deck, I just thought of what crazy stories I'll have to tell my family and friends when I'm done with my contract and my children some day. I'm really REALLY grateful for this opportunity and want to thank everyone that has helped me get to this place in my life. THANK YOU!!!

Thursday was spent in Cadiz, Spain where there is free wifi and OF COURSE…I had to be on IPM…just my luck. Had a full day of duties and just being bored off my mind…then found out that there was some free wifi on the top deck so I got to load a few new pictures but not too many. Had a show of Aquarius tonight and it felt really good…I enjoy that show. 

Friday was spent in Portimao, Portugal where again…there was NOTHING to do. Took the longest tender into the port…EVER! I have never seen the sea so rocky before…I was very lucky that I didn't get sick. Once we got to the port, we had to get on a shuttle bus and head into the very boring city of Portimao, Portugal. It looked like the city was very old and dead. Went to the grocery store and got a few things (Oreos…hooorah). Then headed over to a little cafe where I had the cheapest and best European food…it was very very good. After lunch, it was time to head back to the ship. Going back on the bus, we went by the beautiful beaches that are in Portimao…it was very pretty. Came back to the ship and had a night off of shows…I can't believe it…haha. 

Saturday was embark day in Lisbon, Portugal and I'm very glad that it was a short day of embarkation. This is the start of the cruise that we end in BARBADOS!!!!!!!! I have NEVER in my life seen so many old people. Holy crap…I just couldn't get over how many old people were getting on the ship AND what I really couldn't get over was the fact that many of the officers said that some of them might die on the ship…while we are doing the crossing. ARE YOU FRICKIN KIDDING ME???? They said that its a very common thing that the people come on these types of cruises (the Atlantic cross)…TO DIE and if they do die, the family has the option to fly a helicopter to the ship and get the body for $15,000. AM I ON A FLOATING FUNERAL HOME OR SOMETHING? Lets try to make the 6 day cross even worse by making me think that there are dead bodies underneath my cabin….ehh. HOLY CRAP.

Well, this next cruise is a 14 day cruise that I can't wait to get to the end of. The next week we are in: Tangier, Morocco on Sunday / Casablanca, Morocco on Monday / At Sea on Tuesday / Arrecife, Spain on Wednesday / Santa Cruz de Tenerife on Thursday (and after this port is when we start the 6 day cross) / At Sea Friday / At Sea Saturday. 

I'll keep doing the blogs Saturdays to Saturdays, even when the cruises get to be longer…I don't think that I'll be able to remember more than 7 days of stuff. I can't wait to get to the Caribbean and feel like I'm closer to home and just be somewhere that I have vacationed before. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!

Until Next Time,

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment